A Little About the Trybe
Welcome. We're glad to have you with us. This is an opportunity for you to learn a bit about the people behind the initiative. What makes us tick, what drives us, how we came to be involved in such an important effort. As you learn a little about the program, the team and the partners that make this all worthwhile remember why we're here-young, healthy people.
Young people living healthy lives.
Redefining an athlete.
Provide a global interactive lifestyle community that motivates young people and adults, through fun and edutainment, to integrate fitness, nutrition and wellness into their everyday lives.
What is GoTrybe?
GoTrybe is an online, interactive social community dedicated to the health and wellness of our youth. We get young people on the move by developing Active Screen Time™. "Trybers" can interact with fitness, nutrition, motivation and wellness content that supports their journey toward living healthfully. GoTrybe wants to be an inspiring force in the fight to get children and teens active while combating childhood obesity and type 2 diabetes. As a result, GoTrybe's mission is to change some of the normal sedentary screen time into activity and health education.
Gotrybe.com is comprised of three Trybes for kids to join:
ZooDoos up to 5th grade
Trybe180 6th-9th grade
Nextrybe 10th-12th grade
We do this via:
- Active-Screen-Time™, which is all about getting children and teens on the move using technology
- A team of designers and developers, project manager, nutritionists, exercise physiologists, physical education teachers and marketing specialists
- Foundational exercise programs developed by Olympic trainers
- Comprehensive online fitness videos led by exercise professionals
- Cool, current and relevant health, fitness, nutrition and wellness information
- Customization and personalization of the site with "my page," and avatars
- Prize Rewards. GoTrybe's point system rewards Trybers for completing daily exercise routines and working through the question-and-answer segments of the new and changing health information. These points can then be redeemed for enhanced online rewards such as avatar upgrades
- Socialization with friends through the buddy list, "Shout out" messaging and forum features, and competition through the Trybal leader board
- A Trybal Elders blog that invites parents, educators, influencers to share up-to-date information and trends in fitness and health